My new born girls
Hello! I don't have a name yet, but I am a nisse-girl.
Actually, we are 4 sisters.
Like all girls, we love to chat... a lot.
We so love to play!
Soon we will be flying to our new homes, but in the meantime we love to wake sleeping cats...
Hope you like my new-borns! I spent the last two evenings making them. More in 2009 :)
I transmitted all your comments to Toska. Like all cats, she seemed not to care much. Cats know they are beautiful. Comments from humans.... pfff. But I saw her left ear moving. She was delighted. :)
Actually I have two more finishes from the last two weeks. First, a Secret Needle Night kit that I sooooo wanted to have, from Nov. 2006, I think, and I finally was able to get it on ebay from a very nice seller. It was pure fun to make it. It uses all sorts of funny materials with impossible names, Fyrewerk, some weird braid, cashmere wool and what have you. Contrary to what I expected, working with some of these was very pleasant and very rewarding, even though it looked more like ribbon than any sort of thread known to me.See the cutie mouse... she's done in cashmere and is so soft looking in real, with a sort of plush tail. Oh that kit was fun. So very fun! I'll finish it into a flatfold of some kind.
Last but not least, a chart I treated myself to for my past birthday, "Fear not the sirens of the sea" by Carriage House Samplings. For a long time I thought this design just doesn't fit any place I could hang it, but something was attracting me to it. I so wanted to stitch it and now that it's done, I love it. The colors are so beautiful in real. The siren's tail (or whatever it is that a siren has in English) was annoying, but the rest was pure fun.
The last days were very busy, I apologize for not leaving comments on your blogs, but I do visit them all in free moments.
The other news is that I'll be leaving for Christmas early this year (need to put an info on top of the blog). On Nov. 28 my cousin will pick me up with dog and cat, so I can spend two and a half weeks with my dear aunt, grandma and the rest. I couldn't do the trip with my furry friends on the train, plus it's too long, almost 4 hours. There, I'll leave Toska with my aunt till some time in February. I'll return to Warsaw just before Christmas, probably on the same day as H. arrives (Dec. 22) and we'll take the train to my father's the next day. Back to Warsaw on Dec. 27 and we'll fly together to Norway with Happy the next day. It's been a lot of planning on my side to make this happen in the most gentle way to our pockets and to my pets... and to take into account H.'s work obligations. Now that all plans have been made, I suddenly remembered my grandma's 100th birthday on January 23rd. Not sure yet how we'll do it with H., if we'll fly in for the week-end when the big family party will happen or if I'll shorten my stay in Norway (was hoping to stay till the beginning of February). I usually have almost no work in January so I'm hoping for lots of snow and walks in the woods! Norwegian nature is so beautiful in wintertime...
This all means I need to adapt some other things, like I have to send Christmas gifties before the end of this month. Anything sent to me will be received on Dec. 22 or else in February... so I am sorry to say but all late Christmas cards will be opened that late this time...












11 comments:
Your little girls are very cute!
How sweet are your wee little girls :)
LOVE THEM!!! Good Going Anna! And your stitching...all divine!
Love those little girls... Sounds like you have a great trip planned over Christmas.
What a lovely group of girls. I must try making some of these. We too also have a hectic holiday schedule. Sometimes it takes a bit of the joy out of it with all the planning and trying not to disrupt parents, pets etc. I try to put off the worrying until the last moment or it overwhelms me. Stitching always relieves the tension though.
Odlotowe odlotowe odlotowe cudowne cudowne cudowne ! Jak ty to robisz ?
Anna, I just love your Nisse girls as well as your recent stitching endeavors. Your upcoming travel plans sound so wonderful - I'm happily jealous of you. :)
Lovely stitching ! Your girls are adorable ! Hope everything goes well with your travels.
Such lovely little girls. Great job, Anna as well as your recent stitching finishes.
I do hope all goes well with your travels.
Your girls are awesome, I love them! Your winter sounds jam packed, WOW...love your finishes esp the SNN kit, now I need to go find one too!
Your girls are adorable!!! Be sure update us on your Christmas address.
Linda in MA
ależ śliczne rzeczy tworzysz - trafiłam tu do Ciebie przypadkiem, na filmiku z metra zdziwiłam się, na czekoladkach z Wedla jeszcze bardziej, przy napisie "herbata" musiałam wejść na Twój profil i okazało się że pochodzisz z PL :) a robisz cudeńka w stylu zagranicznym. Cudeńka /będę tu zaglądać/ viola
Post a Comment